Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Street Art of Barcelona

I really liked the Barcelona street art. It showed that not only was the city openly expressive and emotive, but that its underbelly liked to show off just as much. It really pulled you in. I also liked that the authorities hadn't cracked down and painted all over it - who knows, they might try, but maybe there's so much that its futile. But I like to think that its because it is 'art', and even they can recognise that. It isn't just a random tag, or an unholy swear word; it is an actual expression of creativity. I like to think of the police standing back, and considering it, and thinking, 'Hey, this isn't so bad - it just means we have a high level of culture, that even art is filtering down to street level.'

Well, that's what I hope. Here it is anyway:




PS talking about The Street, have you been to this store? Street cred for sale here, as well as a pile of my own products, check out this post for details.

No comments: