Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday {Past Explorations}

The last time I was in New York, I was eight, and it was snowing. There were streets lit with Christmas lights, shop windows abounding with holiday gifts, and a big ice rink with gliding skaters. I remember it like a movie. A hazy movie, and a cold one. We had to keep nipping into shops to get out of the cold as we did a fair amount of walking around this small town.

The thing I remember most of all was making a giant snowball while we walked. I added to it a little bit at a time, and would leave it outside in a potplant whenever we went into a shop. I think my mom said I even took it on the subway, but I don't remember that part.

This time we'll be in New York in summer, but I may just have to revisit this beautiful city in the winter, so that I can make another gigantic snowball to carry around town. I'm afraid this time I might get much stranger looks from passers-by than I did when I was eight.


1 comment:

lucille said...

Ah, good memories. I remember your father wanted to dump the snowball when we went on the subway, but i insisted we keep it. No one even blinked an eye, as I recall. it was fun. mom