Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday {Past Explorations}

Eastward bound. I've been east twice in my life now, and I hope to go many more times. It's such a dirty, beautiful, crazy, everchanging place. It is so, so foreign - everything tastes different, everything looks different, everything is different. It is a complete sensory overload.

I first went east in 2006, at the tender age of 19.After an exceedingly long flight, on which I cried the entire way, I arrived, exceedingly shellshocked, in Tokyo. This is what happened after that:


In 2009, I was lucky enough to be offered another modelling contract in the east - this time in Shanghai, China. One month after receiving the news, I was once again on an aeroplane, to the other side of the world.
Shanghai was a much more enriching experience. I was there for longer, and really loved it. At the first sign of an afternoon off from endless castings and shoots, I would walk the streets for hours, tasting the delicious street food, visiting the amazing sights, and doing lots and lots of window shopping. I made incredible friends, and had a truly extraordinary time.

No comments: