Monday, July 23, 2012

Toto, I've a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore

I recently did a very similar blog post about London, and I can't resist doing the same about France.

1. They sell alcohol at the supermarket. And petrol.

2. There are boobs on the beach. Everywhere. And as Husband points out, you can't always tell if they belong to a man or a woman. Scary.

3. They drive on the wrong side of the road. And the wrong side of the car. I experienced this first hand as we rented a car and I was the nominated driver. This experience could only be described as fun/crazy/intense. But I'm getting the hang of it now.

4. The sun sets very late, around 9.30/10pm. Coming from a country where the sun is definitely down by 7pm this is very strange to me.

5. They make dogs out of flowers. Just saying.

6. It's cosmopolitan. There is passion on the streets (or PDAs, as Husband likes to say), you can walk everywhere safely, and wear short-shorts and see-through blouses. It's very freeing.

7. They eat, and eat and eat. It's marvelous.


No comments: