Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Playing Dress-Up

This last weekend I found myself super excited to receive a last minute invite to join my boyfriend at the SAFTAs (South African Film and TV Awards). And oooooo, best of all, it was being hosted by Madame Zingara, SA's own Cirque du Soleil-esque, fine-dining, tented experience.


So the dress-up started! My cousin Joel, who recently moved to JHB from Durbs is an absolutely amazing fashion designer. And I always seem to make a last minute call, and rush on over to his house for a raid of his dresses. And for this evening, which was so much about glamour and fantasy and intrigue, I couldn't resist this little delightful dress on the right...


Shoes! Eek! Two new pairs in one day, gifted to me by my man-love :) The best. But which to choose?




The heels won. Yessss. And surprisingly comfy for heels. Of course my feet were still a little sore by the end of the night, but not too bad. And then...red carpet, and interviews (he did so well, and I even got to plug Joel and his amazing designs!). A show, some awards, more of a show, delicious food and more awards.

I do love an evening of dress-up. And eek, we have another one in a week! What to wear, what to wear!

http://www.joeljansevanvuuren.com/

No comments: