Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kaap Stad

A little weekend get-away.

Friday afternoon. Drive. Airport lounge. Fly. Arrive in Cape Town. Sunset. And look how nice it is. Sjoeg.

The obligatory picture taken while driving into this little village by the sea.


Mmm...weekend fun...Bombay Bicycle Club, Old Biscuit Mill, theatre, wine farms, Kalk Bay, and a last minute viewing of 'Black Swan' before catching the last Sunday night flight back to little old JHB. Jam-packed. And oh so tasty.

Picture by T.L.

Cape Town is always a feast for the senses. Short skirts, salty sea air, simply stunning fashion styles and scrumptious food. And while I tend to keep the focus of this blog on fashion, this post may just have to be more about food....yes, food. Because if fashion and food don't go hand-in-hand I can't think what does.


Valentine's weekend in Cape Town (or for that matter, everywhere) means only one thing - heart-shaped chocolates and cheese...and pizza? Oh well, it made for a friggin delicious breakfast snack at the Old Biscuit Mill. Deeeeeelicious. And of course, what would the Neighbourgoods Market be without half of Joburg there? Well, non-existent. So yes, we bumped into everyone, ever. Though, now that I think about it...not Jono Hall. There really is a first for everything.



I sadly didn't get to try that ridiculously good-looking paella. I was already stuffed by the time I discovered it, hidden in the far corner, which I just couldn't get to when we arrived, starving. Then I was all about knocking people aside with my elbows, and waving money around at store keepers. Oh, and finding the shortest queue, and therefore the fastest way to smash some food in my face. Yes, I like to eat, a lot.





And then, there's not really much that can beat a Sunday in Kalk Bay. And there really isn't anywhere that can compete with the food at Olympia Cafe. Like soft, sensual salmon melting in your mouth. On a bed of delicious, creamy potato bake and crunchy green beans. Hello, flavour explosion in my life.


Thanks Cape Town, you did good.

No comments: