Monday, September 15, 2014

When Novels Were Bad For You

"She will tell you about how, when she was small, she could lose herself in a novel for hours, and now, all she can do is watch the tweets swim by like glittery fish in the river of time-she-will-never-get-back."


I love this quote from this New York Times article I just stumbled upon. Definitely worth a read.


There are times when I hate myself for being oh-so-consumed by my facebook news feed, rather than picking up a great book. I've found that something that definitely helps me is having a book loaded on my phone, on the Kindle app - for those doctors-waiting-room-moments, when you do need something to pass the time. Now if only I could stop my fingers from tapping straight on the facebook app, rather than the Kindle one!

No comments: