Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Booking Out


  • It was at a very young age that I can remember my mom reading me novels. The big thick ones, like Heidi and Little Women, and Little House The Prairie. I remember being completely transported to far away worlds. It was a delight.

    It didn't take long for me to start devouring these books on my own - after all, I'd become quite the speed reader, and managed to eat up chapters much faster than my mother could read them aloud.

    So when I stumbled across these beautiful book covers, illustrated and art directed by David Pearson, I was once again transported.

    Can you imagine having a whole library full of these beautiful covers?

    Pearson-lead
    David Pearson: Treasure Island (illustration by Stanley Donwood)
  • Pearson-8
    David Pearson: Jane Eyre (illustration by Petra Börner)
  • Pearson-9
    David Pearson: The Christmas Books (illustration by Joe McLaren)
  • Pearson-1
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume III
  • Pearson-2
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume III
  • Pearson-10
    David Pearson: Books vs Cigarettes
  • Pearson-3
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume III
  • Pearson-4
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume I
  • Pearson-5
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume I
  • Pearson-6
    David Pearson: Great Ideas Volume I

1 comment:

lucille said...

What a delight they are, Robyn! you'll have to start your collection. mom