Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SA Fashion Week SS 2013

This year was the first time in a good few years that I missed out on the festivities surrounding South Africa Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013. But hey, I'm not complaining, being stuck in little ol' LA certainly made up for it.

But I did find myself glued to my phone for those few days, desperately searching the few facebook updates, live streaming tweets, fashion videos and instagram pics to stay up to date with what was going on. That information is sometimes hard to get, not a river, but more like a tiny leak, that you won't notice for hours, but slowly slowly, bit by bit, I saw what I needed.

I have a few firm favourites. There was some definite talent there. Some played it a bit safe, and stuck to their tried and tested formulas, which I find a bit dull. But once again, there was one who broke the mould. And I have absolutely no bias in saying this, even though he is my cousin - but I do believe if there was an award for the best designer at SAFW, he would win.













Visit his website here to see more of his amazing work.

[Photos from SDR photo]

1 comment:

mom said...

That Joel - so talented! mom