Saturday, April 27, 2013

Early Mornings

Saturday morning wake up. My body is sore and tired from a heavy event catering shift, and a subsequent 2.30am bedtime the night before. 

I feel I had bad dreams as well, complex and riddled, but already forgotten. They niggle at my brain though - the way someone's name annoyingly escapes you - just out of reach, but maybe gone forever in the cavities of your brain. 

I have to get up. Sigh. I have another full day of work, and another tomorrow. My weekends are always the busiest, with increased work and increased social pressure to see friends. 

Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just tired this morning. 

It's been a wonderful week after all - filled with long days at home, getting multitudes of work and admin done, and then a few easy evenings at the store. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Now, to shower. To start. To commence. To welcome in another day, no matter how much I don't want to drag my tired body from this bed, I must. 

No comments: